BLENDED SERVICES – JUNE 2021
How a blended approach to security created resilience and cost-efficiencies.
Starting from January 2021, Expeditious Services mobilised a new contract for a FTSE100 company. The tender process was won by showcasing a new way of delivering security services, a blended approach to security.
Scope of services
Number of locations: 7
Number of daily officers: 31
Number of weekly hours: 2640
Our client’s challenges.
A long-term Facilities Management client came to Expeditious Services looking for support with the UK wide portfolio, part of a prestigious full FM contract for the European branch of a FTSE 100 company. The FM were keen to self-deliver the contract, so outsourcing wasn’t an option. However, traditional insourcing wouldn’t have been appropriate either as they needed extra resilience across all sites, security infrastructure and knowledge. They were looking for a strong support model to fit in with their budgets, for a truly successful security contract.
Our action plan.
Based on the client’s requirements, Expeditious put into place:
- Blended security support model (total management services), covering everything except uniform, payroll, and HR, deployed across 7 UK sites.
- Contract performance management and contract development.
- Benchmarking to ensure value for money to the FM.
- Coaching, training and mentoring to staff.
- Reactive cover management.
- Use of our BS 7499 control room; CCHD.
- Workforce management with our platform, Eximitas.
- Shift scheduling and annual leave management.
- Staff welfare and lone worker integrity checks.
- Site audits.
- Compliance checks.
- Access to Management Information.
- Access to our business continuity and community safety app, INTEX247.
What we achieved.
As a team, Expeditious achieved:
- Meeting the FM’s requirements for a resilience support model which met their budget.
- Delivering a means of control and command for the FM to manage the client’s directly employed workforce.
- Exceptional resilience throughout the contract, particularly mobile teams, and bench for ad-hoc and reactive needs.
- Sharing of detailed Management Information, which aided cost-efficiencies and technological innovation.
- Delivering a centralised control room for 24/7/365 contract management and workforce management support.
- Full Subject Matter Expert support to aid the FM self-delivering the contract.
- Business continuity.
- Cost-efficiencies continually being made with regular reviews of the contract.
What Expeditious said.
“The blended model hails a new era in the security industry. It offers both FMs and end users an alternative solution to their security, allowing them to have ultimate control of their contract and a team who are fully bought into their brand” Jason Pope, Service Excellence Director.