Mobile command Unit – March 2022
In March 2022, we were asked to provide a Mobile Command Unit (MCU) to a remote, but sensitive telecommunications site in the South-West of England. The site required an effective deterrent which we were able to successfully mobilise.
Number of locations: 1
Number of MCUs: 1
Number of weekly hours: 168
Scope of services
Mobile Command Unit
24/7 CCHD Helpdesk
Our client’s challenges.
One of our key clients requested an urgent Adhoc requirement to deploy a mobile command unit to assist on a risk site. The request’s primary function was to deploy a mobile command unit (MCU), that has the capability to facilitate a manned, but self-contained 24/7 welfare and CCTV monitoring platform. We were able to successfully deploy this service (door to door) within a 24hr window to a remote location.
Our action plan.
Based on the client’s requirements, Expeditious put into place:
- Utilised an MCU with CCTV capability and welfare facilities
- The site was covered 24/7 for a two-week period
- Full implementation via our Critical Control Helpdesk (CCHD), with integrity checks throughout the deployment
- Act as intermediary liaison between the client and other parties for smooth deployment and management.
What we achieved.
As a team, Expeditious achieved:
- 24 hours from request to target location, in a remote location/region.
- Controlled access and egress of the site, securing its perimeter.
- Showcased our capability with the successful delivery of vehicle services
- Protection of the site was successfully achieved throughout the deployment until the threat levels were reduced
- Cost-effective and impactful response to client’s concerns. An MCU was an effective deterrent to manage the presented risks
- Zero incidents and the site’s operational resilience was increased.
What Expeditious said.
“A shining example of how a challenging request is successfully handled from enquiry to deployment, this consistent approach combines professionalism with speed and efficiency” – Jason Pope, Service Excellence Director