Close Protection – AUG 2021
How a utility company kept a VIP safe during a high-profile political surgery, using Close Protection.
In August 2021, we were approached by a utility company to provide Close Protection for a local VIP during a political surgery to discuss pollution issues in the South-East area of the UK. The VIP needed the protection as there was speculation protestors and activists might attend the surgery, due to the high-profile nature of the environmental damage they were speaking about.
Number of locations: 1
Number of weekly hours: 4
Number of officers: 2
Scope of services
Our client’s challenges.
Our client came to us requiring Close Protection for a VIP who was attending a political surgery, at short notice. The political surgery was to discuss environmental issues, in a high-profile case of local pollution. This meant there was a high risk due to protesters and activists, and the potential for emotions to escalate, leading to violence or other anti-social behaviour.
We were asked for Close Protection to reduce the threat of assault or harm towards the VIP. The client also needed the protection in place quickly and efficiently. The area of deployment presented a location challenge, and we were given short notice to fulfil the request.
Our action plan.
Based on the client’s requirements, Expeditious put into place:
- Close Protection – 2 fully trained guards to provide security for the VIP during the 4 hours each, lasting the duration of the political surgery
- Sourcing of high-calibre Close Protection officers
- Support from our Critical Control Helpdesk (CCHD)
- Deter any antisocial behaviour
What we achieved.
As a team, Expeditious achieved:
- A rapid response to mobilise the Close Protection request at short notice and in a challenging location
- No incidents occurring during the political surgery, and the VIP was kept safe at all times
- Expert solid at the touch of a button delivered through Critical Control Helpdesk (CCHD)
- Provided peace of mind for our clients
What the client said.
“The officers arrived on site early and were keen to understand all requirements, they were dressed appropriately to the requests. The client commented that they were very professional and focused on their work.” – Partnership Manager