PUBLIC SECTOR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT – APRIL 2021
In April 2021, Expeditious Services were approached by a long-term facilities management client to support a public sector government organisation. They were needing manned guarding on high-risk sites across London. All buildings were decommissioned police buildings in the process of being sold for development or stagnantly waiting for news on their future.
Scope of services:
24/7 CCHD Support
Number of locations: 5
Number of officers: 20
Number of weekly hours: 168
The client’s challenges.
A public sector government organisation approached our facilities management client needing support on multiple high-risk sites across London. All sites were decommissioned police stations and had been phase 3 mothballed for over a year, requiring to be brought out of SFG30 making the building serviceable to support the security protection needed. There were significant concerns that the premises would become targets for vandalism or other crime, especially due to recent unrest in public opinion towards the particular organisation in London. All properties were awaiting news on their future, with many being eyed for redevelopment or sale.
Due to the state of the buildings, extra consideration was needed for health and safety practices, especially for the welfare of the officers. The FM client worked to ensure correct processes were followed for asbestos, legionella, risk assessments, and other necessary checks.
Our action plan.
Based on our client and the end client’s requirements, Expeditious Services put into place:
- 168 hours of manned guarding cover on each site
- All officers were deployed on a temporary and flexible basis to meet with the demands of the contract whilst not putting additional liability on the client.
- Implement officer welfare, such as microwaves, kettles, heating – all sorted within a matter of hours.
- Phase one integrity visits planned and executed
- Regular integrity and welfare checks with officers on their shifts to ensure optimal safety at all times.
- Ensure all buildings safe and secure at all times
What we achieved.
As a team, Expeditious Services achieved:
- A strategic approach to the contract, taking ownership and responsibility of security on the sites, not a burden to the clients.
- Created a safe and comfortable place for officers to do their best work.
- A strong deterrent presence leading to zero incidents.
- Flexible and cost-effective labour deployment to meet the demands of the client and the site.
- Rapid response from initial enquiry to deployment in under 24 hours
- All sites are fully asset protected and secure.
- Potential for additional sites to be mobilised.
What Expeditious said.
“Congratulations on another outstanding mobilisation! This requirement enabled us to optimise our capability and has us to focus on exceptional performance and delivery. A great result from the team.” Jason Pope, Service Excellence Director.
Other case studies you may be interested in:
How a leading telecoms provider used canines to protect high-risk sites during repairs.
How a UK wide waste management provider achieved security cover on 12 sites in under 2 hours.